Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/07/2012
Has it really been three weeks since my last post? 

Whoops.

Somewhere in that blink of an eye, life happened. Hosting friends and family, getting outside to enjoy the warm windy spring weather, riding horses, playing music, and caring for three sick kids. 

Sorting through the laundry one day I began to contemplate a new phenomenon that has started occurring in my life. My favorite jeans have  holes in the knees. Back in high school and college I remember wondering why all of the trendy grunge jeans had holes in the knees. That was never where my jeans wore out first. Now that I am a mother things have changed.

The rest of the jeans are still going strong, but the knees have big, gaping holes.


It isn't hard to figure out the reason why. Someday I will calculate the number of hours out of each day that I spend squatting down or on my hands and knees. Wiping noses, getting on eye level for some quality face-to-face chats, finding toys, fixing toys, playing with toys, scrubbing the floor under the high chair, and giving the occasional horsey ride. It is surprising that my jeans don't wear out sooner.

It is a good problem to have. And it helps me fit in with the grunge fashionistas if I forget to change pants before going out. Bonus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment