Thursday, November 3, 2011

11/03/2011
4
I love fall recipes. There's nothing like pulling fence all day and then coming inside for some spicy chili. Or curry chicken and apples, or broccoli and cheddar soup in bread bowls (I'm trying those tomorrow). Spiciness, warmth, apples and pumpkins in everything...  it just doesn't get much better than that.

Besides the expected pies, pumpkin cookies are probably my favorite fall dessert. And the ones shown below are one of my old stand-bys, and a popular item for me to bring to potlucks. Recently I have had several requests for the recipe so I figured I would share it on here for all who are interested. I originally discovered the recipe in a Methodist women cookbook (treasure trove). These cookies are so simple and moist and delicious....I highly recommend giving them a try.


Pumpkin Cookies

Mix the following ingredients in a bowl:
1 C sugar
1/2 C butter
1 C canned pumpkin
1 T. orange zest

Then add these:
2 C flour (whole wheat or all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C raisins or chocolate chips (or more...)

Bake 8-10 minutes at 350


Enjoy with some hot cider and pumpkin spice candles for full affect.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pinning this to try next week. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I can't wait to try these! Anything with pumpkin in it is incredible this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M'm!!! I can't wait to visit with you over a cup of tea & a couple cookies! these look so delightful (;
    Miss you, hon. Keep up the blogging! love seeing what you're doing, learning, sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, so good! Thanks for posting this. :) I was out of chocolate chips (gasp!), so I substituted some oats to give it a bit more texture. Very yummy and perfect for this rainy weather... :)

    ReplyDelete