Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/2010
Margaret fell in love with the pumpkins displayed prominently all over Wal-mart during our last grocery shopping expedition. I wasn't exactly enthralled with the idea of carving pumpkins with her this year - not when I would have to do all the dirty work and cutting while she watched. So instead I bought a few small ones and we did this craft project:



It was perfect. We spread the newspaper out across the entire kitchen table and spent most of the afternoon listening to music, enjoying the fragrant aroma of autumn candles, and painting pumpkins. I have to admit that I stole the idea from another blog (The Inspired Room, my new favorite) but that's what blogs are for, right?

Well I have to say I'm a big fan of painting pumpkins. I know when the kids are older I will have to let them have the carving experience - complete with pumpkin guts spewed across the yard, roasted pumpkin seeds, and fresh pumpkin pie. But until then I have a new inspiration for fall decor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment