Wednesday, March 8, 2017

3/08/2017
When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three,
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I’m as clever as clever,
So I think I’ll be six for ever and ever.
- A.A. Milne
 

Lovely Miss Amelia turned six last month. 

Between sicknesses and spring time farm chores and projects (yes, the Ozarks began springtime in February this year) the rest of the month flew by much too fast. But we managed to squeeze in some fun bday celebrations for this wonderful daughter of ours before everyone came down with nasty colds the next day!


Cinnamon buns for breakfast, quick escapade to Bass Pro Shop, macaroni and cheese for lunch, lots of princess dresses, pizza and lemon blueberry cake for dinner. Followed by the traditional presents-in-a-pillowcase passed down from my mom's side of the family. The kids love it.

 

Sweet & funny Amelia. Giggler extraordinaire with an excellent sense of humor. Lover of beauty. Lover of animals. Thoughtful and sensitive one moment, outrageously silly the next. She adds a beam of sunshine to our lives and we love her so very much. 

The Queen & her corgi.

Excelling in reading and her other school subjects. She joined her older siblings in attending the one-day-a-week Ozarks Academy this year and *loves* it. She also began taking violin lessons from me, after longing to learn for a year or more. She is progressing rapidly in that, as well. Music flows in her veins.
 
 

Though pink is no longer her favorite color she remains our child most acutely aware of beautiful, frilly, girly feminine things. She relishes wearing pretty dresses, having her hair done up fancy and everything to do with flowers. And then she jumps on a horse, wades in the pond, climbs hay bales and comes in the house with barefoot feet and hay in her hair. She is all beauty and all farm girl.


Though the  Force Dodson genes run indisputably strong in all of our children, I see more resemblance to myself in Amelia than any of the other children. Perhaps that's where she gets her highly developed sense of hilarity. She is also the third child, as I was (even in the same girl-boy-girl pattern), and the one most interested in violin (so far). Fun to catch the similarities and see how things are passed on to the next generation.

Makes me start humming along to "...Children get o-older. I'm getting o-older...too..."


 Happy Birthday, my beautiful Amelia!


0 comments:

Post a Comment