Friday, July 31, 2015

7/31/2015
Summer has finally arrived in full force here in the Ozarks. So it was with pleasure that I sorted through these photos from April that I took of the kids in Nathanael Greene Park. Nostalgically remembering the cool overcast weather, the damp air filled with the perfume of flowers. 

We had the park essentially to ourselves as we meandered around the trails.


Clay and I had gone to the park a day or two before, wandering around on a date. When we saw this pink redbud tree we knew we had to bring Amelia. I did not misjudge how excited she would be to see it.






And these lilacs.......


 .... a bit of heaven on earth.

I will be planting a fragrant white lilac in our yard very soon.


 

The lilacs are beautiful, but they still just can't compare with these daughters of mine...




 (Minus Hattie, who slept through it all in the stroller.)



Besides having to deal with their mother being a little camera crazy, the kids had a blast.
There was dancing in the gazebo...


Sliding down caterpillars....

 

Flying on giant dragonflies...

 

 Posing next to random statues...


 

 



At this point the Sound of Music came to mind:
  "Is it possible - or could I have just imagined it - have my children by any chance been climbing trees today?"

I think Susannah has the right idea:

 


These kids have way too much fun together.

 
 

Can you pick out the serious ham in our family?
I'll give you a hint....


Well, actually we have more than one. But, this guy....


 
 




Nothing is so beautiful as spring....
..... A strain of the earth’s sweet being in the beginning.
(from Gerard Manley Hopkins, Spring)

 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment