Tuesday, March 12, 2013

3/12/2013
My sister shared a fabulous muffin recipe with me a while ago. They have now become a staple in our house and we eat them for breakfast, with tea, while hiking, and on any other occasion we can come up with. They are called Seminary Muffins, and the original recipe can be find HERE.

The original recipe is delicious, sometimes I forget just how delicious until I eat them again at my sister's house. However, at our house we do not always have applesauce on hand and so I usually use peanut butter as a substitute. It changes the consistency and flavor but still results in an equally scrumptious muffin. I also vary the little extras that I toss in. If I'm feeling the need for something a little sweet is usually ends up being a mixture of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. 


Here is the recipe, in case you didn't want to click on the link above:

1 egg
1 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup applesauce (or 1/3-1/2 cup peanut butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup oats
1/2-1 cup extras (the original calls for chopped walnuts & chocolate chips, get creative! craisins/raisins/other dried fruit, white chocolate chips, other chopped nuts...)

Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls before adding together. Fold in extras. Pour into lightly greased 12 cup muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment