Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10/17/2012
William is a big boy now. Somehow turning three has given him an extra boost of confidence, although he still occasionally resorts to: "I'm just a little boy who's learning how to be a big boy". 

For his birthday he requested banana pancakes, going to a playground, and apple moon cake. I made him an apple cake with white frosting covered in "moon rocks" (aka jelly bellies), and that seemed to suffice.

Sequiota Park was our big outing and, as usual, it was a big hit with all three kids.

William, with his new found three-year-old-bravery, managed to venture in almost ten feet into the cave before deciding that was being courageous enough.


We hiked around the whole lake, with Margaret and Will leading the way. Amelia and I were happy to truck slowly along behind.



Actually, Amelia spent most of her time being a "big girl" and trying to keep up with her older siblings. She didn't seem to mind that she was usually a couple hundred feet behind.


I managed to coerce William into a couple senior picture poses....




But mostly he was more interested in shouting: "HEY! Look at this!!". Like the redneck's famous last words, "Hey y'all, watch this!".  His wild feats of daring were enough to keep me on my toes, but not quite enough to keep me from taking pictures. Good ol' Jungle Jim.


Has there ever been a cuter three year old boy? I think not.


0 comments:

Post a Comment