Friday, January 13, 2012

1/13/2012
Google "felt birds", or type it into pinterest, and you will find a plethora of tutorials and picture ideas for this craft. Add mine to the mix. I had a lot of fun making a few simple versions of these bird ornaments using felt, buttons, stuffing, string and a hot glue gun. There are so many different things you could do with these birds.


 

 The owls and cardinals were my favorite.


 


They made a nice addition to our Christmas tree this year. And I may have even handed out a few as gifts. Next time I make them I might take the extra time to sew around the edges. And a friendly word of advice: Make sure you hang the string from the top of the bird so that it is balanced properly once it is hung. A couple of mine tip forward, ever so slightly...


0 comments:

Post a Comment