Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/01/2011
2
I have been in crazy craft mode recently. Maybe it's the cool, crisp, fall weather and all of the upcoming holidays. Maybe it's because I actually have a sewing machine now. I don't know. I am blaming most of it on pinterest and the overload of ideas I have been exposed to over the past few weeks.

In other words, I have way too many projects going on at the same time. I mean, I haven't totally dropped my life. The kids are still happy and fed and clothed and bathed (fairly often). The dishes and laundry are still in order. I am even doing some school with Margaret every day. But every free moment that I have (read: nap times) it seems like I am frantically trying to finish up some project or, more often, starting a new fun one. I guess this is what happens when I finally decide I am done repainting our entire house (until we get drywall installed downstairs) ...

At any rate, you don't need to worry about being bombarded with a thousand posts displaying every one of my latest creations. But you may be subjected to a selected sampling over the next few weeks. I am going to take a wild guess and project that this phase will putter out about the same time I have to take all the Christmas decorations down. And maybe then I will catch up on all of the baby scrapbooks. I may or may not suffer from a touch of obsessive compulsiveness.

Long story short: here is one of my latest projects. I have jumped on the bandwagon (again) and made some framed alphabet art for the nursery. Scrap fabric letters hot glued on a fabric background and framed. Simple and fun to create. And it adds a nice touch of color above Amelia's crib.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That turned out great! I love the the colors you chose. Did you make the mobile over the crib as well?

    ReplyDelete