Monday, April 25, 2011

4/25/2011
Some things never change.

Margaret & Baldrick. January 2009.
Margaret & Baldrick. April 2011.

On another note-- Hope everyone had a blessed Easter. We sure did - wonderful worship, spring rain and verdant green landscape, hosting family, hunting for eggs in between rain showers, delicious feasting, relaxing with kalamata olives & a bottle of wine after the tired babies all fell asleep.... what more could you ask for?

I managed to find some honeycomb for our appetizer. I don't know about everyone else, but I love it and I think it will become a tradition. However, I did realize that the mention of it in the Bible is only in the King James version (good thing that's usually what we read):

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them. - Luke 24:42 (AKJV)

Our other menu items included: Glazed ham, greek salad, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, swedish rye bread & wine. With a chocolate bunny cake, charlie brown & lots of chocolate for dessert.

Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment