Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17/2010
3
Progress is slow but steady on our old house. Here are some teasers to show you what we have accomplished so far!

Before picture of our bedroom. This picture doesn't do justice to the dirtiness of this room - the nails in the walls and ceiling, the love messages written on the wall, the cigarettes shoved behind the heaters....


This is much better....
Mentally insert curtains, a headboard & footboard on the bed, a new dark red quilt and you get the general idea.


The kids bedroom:

Kids bedroom after:

Just pretend there's a cute white bunk bed with drawers underneath and chocolate colored curtains.

And the kids closet before. Gotta love flaking teal paint.


Margaret loves having her own closet and admiring her "pree dresses". Every time I close the door I find it open again. She can't stand not seeing those pretty clothes.


Here is Clay beginning to paint our kitchen cabinets complete with bits of food hidden inside and a thick layer of nastiness on the shelf around the top decorated with moldy cheerios that were probably there for decades.

Some Apple Muffin and Crisp Wheat paint made things a little cheerier, and cleaner.


Clay's closet.
A fresh coat of paint improves everything. And a little scrubbing. We don't usually keep Margaret locked in here, she just wanted to help show off the improvements...


The bathroom before:

And after...

(Okay, just kidding. We're in the midst of bathroom renovations at the moment. But believe me, this is actually a huge improvement to what used to be there.)

Bath, anyone?

And finally a few from our office/playroom. This is my bold, crafty room where I'm more willing to be a little crazy. And it's already sparking my creativity urges. Unfortunately it's still very much a work in progress as far as furniture goes so I'll just give you a couple tidbits that I love so far.


Margaret calls the birds on the curtain rods "Arlos". I couldn't resist when I saw them at Lowe's. Fortunately I have an understanding husband who pretty much lets me do whatever I want.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so good! Glad things are coming along so well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elissa, this looks great! I don't know how you manage to do so much painting with little ones in tow. I can hardly paint a little trim when Charlie's around! Glad you're settling in. I like to think of you Dodsons out there, basking in the country life like you should be. :-) Can I say I'm a teensy weensy bit jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've done such great things with the house!!

    ReplyDelete